Conference of Applied Linguistics
3rd International Conference of Applied Linguistics 'Languages and People: Space, Time, Identity'
We invite you to participate in the third international conference of applied linguistics Languages and People: Space, Time, Identity held on 3-4 October 2013 at the Faculty of Philology, Vilnius University, (Universiteto St 5, Vilnius).
- Department of Lithuanian Studies, Vilnius University
- Lithuanian Association of Applied Linguistics LITAKA
- language policy
- discourse analysis
- translation and interpretation
- language teaching and learning
- language testing
- corpus linguistics
- Joseph Lo Bianco (Australia), a professor at Melbourne University; does research in the sociology of education, language policy, language politics and planning, multilingualism and cultural diversity in education, English as a second language, foreign and second language teaching methodology. More information is available here.
- Mark Davies (USA), a professor of linguistics at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah; his areas of research include corpus linguistics, the design and optimization of linguistic databases, language change and genre-based variation, and frequency and collocational analyses (all for English, Spanish, and Portuguese). More information is available here.
- Antonella Sorace (UK), a professor of developmental linguistics at the University of Edinburgh; her research focuses on three areas: bilingual language development, gradience, linguistic intuitions and grammaticality judgements and constraints on syntactic variation. More information is available here.
- Deadline for registration and submission of abstracts: 1 May 2013.
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 15 June 2013.
- Regular – 100 EUR
- Student – 70 EUR
- Current Account:
Account Holder : Vilnius University, for Conference of Applied Linguistics
AB SEB bankas
Gedimino pr. 12
SWIFT: CB-VILT 2X
Current account: LT 247044060001101392
Faculty of Philology
Universiteto St. 5